The District Unit at Wesgro has been established with the support of the provincial Department of Economic Development and Tourism to provide greater economic promotion support to municipalities across the Western Cape.
The unit is dedicated to extending the reach of the Wesgro service offering across its mandate of tourism, trade, investment and film to both municipalities and businesses. Through its overarching goal of facilitating the creation of employment and stimulating economic growth via promotion, the unit’s sole geographical focus is all municipalities across the Western Cape.
Wesgro occupies a unique space between the government and private sector. The agency is perfectly placed to facilitate collaboration between these key sectors to access a variety of opportunities.
What can we offer you as a company?
We provide support and represent the districts as attractive business destinations via upstream links to Wesgro and its support-service offering to businesses. These include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic matchmaking
- Policy advocacy leveraging strategic support of the InvestSA One Stop Shop
- Guidance regarding accessing government incentives and grants
- Being the key link to Wesgro's Investment, Trade, Tourism and Film units
- Red tape guidance
- Intergovernmental linkages
- Sector-specific research via the Wesgro Research Unit
- Event promotion via our social media channels
- Information on outward and inward missions undertaken by our trade and investments teams
What can we offer you as a municipality?
In addition to the services listed above, Wesgro can tailor support programmes aligned to both identifying and promoting a municipality’s value proposition through formal partnership agreements. This is done by focusing on the key areas and objectives outlined in each municipality’s integrated development plan. Our collaboration with municipalities is aimed at increasing trade, investment and tourism success in the region.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- On-site export training or export mentorship for municipal companies
- Development and promotion of municipal or project-specific investment prospectuses
- Development of media and trade toolkits
Ready to invest?Contact us
Looking for more information? Search our resource library
The Wesgro Investment Promotion Unit provides a free and confidential service to help you establish and grow your business in Cape Town and the Western Cape. Our team of expert Portfolio Managers have more than 40 years of combined experience in supporting new investors commercialise their businesses in the region, and in helping established businesses grow and expand.
Read our latest sector and country fact sheets and research reports to identify new opportunities to grow your business.