The Cape Town & Western Cape Convention Bureau is a strategic business unit of Wesgro, the official tourism, trade and investment promotion agency for Cape Town and the Western Cape.
We promote our destination as the premier place for meetings, incentives, conferences, events, exhibitions and trade fairs.
The Western Cape Business Events Support Fund is designed to stimulate short and medium term recovery in the Business Events sector of the Western Cape.
- With a focus on small (50 delegates and below, with a minimum of 20 delegates) and medium (50 delegates and above, with a maximum of 500 delegates) sized in-person Business Events.
- Types of events eligible for support include national association conferences, B2B exhibitions, workshops, seminars, as well as corporate meetings and incentive groups.
- The project objective is to provide support to local Business Event organizers who are planning a Business Event in the Western Cape up and until 31 March 2022.
The Cape Town & Western Cape Convention Bureau will consider supporting Business Events that meet the following guideline criteria (all Business Events applications will be considered and will be reviewed against the below)
- A minimum of 20 in-person delegates (small event),
- A minimum of 50 in-person delegates (medium event),
- Be a minimum of two days and one night stay for a minimum of 50% of your projected delegates numbers,
- Must be hosted prior to 31 March 2022,
- Does the event shoulder a weekend (start on Monday or end on a Friday),
- Proof of venue hire and/or accommodation enquiry/reservation from the venue/accommodation establishment must be presented with the application,
- The Event Organiser is in good standing (i.e. valid tax clearance and BEE certificate) and registered on the Central Supplier Database.
The Application Form can be requested by e-mailing Lerisha Mudaliar via firstname.lastname@example.org or downloading the forms below.